T-55 (DTE-T-55) tank dynamic crew training simulator
The T-55 tank dynamic crew training simulator is designed to instruct and drill the T-55 tank crew to drive, perform fire missions when training specialists in training units and in the course of combat training of troops in class conditions without expending the combat vehicle engine life, fuel and ammunition.
The simulator is mounted permanently in the classroom.
The simulator provides for training the commander, gunner and driver in performing the following tasks:
- performance of training exercises by the driver according to the Army Combat and Special Vehicle Driving Course (DC);
- performance by the commander, gunner, assistant gunner/loader and driver of standard practice exercises according to the Marksmanship Course for Shooting from Small Arms, Grenade Launchers, Flamethrowers and Weapons of Army Combat and Special Vehicles (MC);
- acquiring and development by the driver of the following skills:
- preparing the T-55 tank for movement;
- studying the composition and layout of the controls and instrumentation of the tank systems in the driving compartment;
- practicing the engine starting and shutdown operations and techniques;
- overcoming of natural and artificial obstacles by the tank, loading/unloading the tank (roll-on-roll-off) on/off vehicles under its own power;
- day- and night-time tank driving at any time of the year, under various weather conditions and on different types of terrain;
- acquiring and development by the commander, gunner and assistant gunner/loader of the following skills:
- operation of the fighting compartment instruments and controls;
- target reconnaissance and acquisition in the day time and at night in various weather conditions and on different types of terrain;
- firing from stationary position at pop-up and moving targets in the day and night conditions;
- firing on the move and from short halts at fast-opening pop-up and moving targets during the day and night;
- firing from stationary position at low-flying airborne targets;
- proficient coordinated actions while performing fire/weapons training exercises.